Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28f) boyfriend (33m) of 2 years broke up with me after his parents said we didn’t look like potential husband/wife to them during our first lunch with them

Exactly as the title says.

Dated my boyfriend for two years. Throughout the two years we talked about moving forward in terms of meeting families/getting married etc. His parents were hesitant to meet me because I am divorced due to an abusive marriage. We finally met last weekend and they were SO incredibly nice to me and we had a great lunch. But afterwards they told him they felt like we didn’t look like husband/wife and they felt like he wasn’t acting “rom com” like with me (which to me makes perfect sense because it was our first time meeting his parents). They asked him if he felt like he had butterflies when he sees me or if he feels as deeply for me as one should when they are getting married. He got stressed out and thought that maybe they were right since they’re his parents and they saw something so particular. He also felt like he couldn’t say definitively that he felt “rom com” towards me or if he felt butterflies etc.

So here we are. He broke up with me because he couldn’t be sure after two years of a relationship that seemed headed for marriage. How do I process this? How do I move forward from a love that ended so abruptly and strangely?

TL;DR: My boyfriend of two years broke up with me after his parents said (after meeting us once) that we didn’t look like husband/wife to them



Submitted August 02, 2019 at 02:37PM by Ffjjkkll https://ift.tt/2T209UQ
My (28f) boyfriend (33m) of 2 years broke up with me after his parents said we didn’t look like potential husband/wife to them during our first lunch with them My (28f) boyfriend (33m) of 2 years broke up with me after his parents said we didn’t look like potential husband/wife to them during our first lunch with them Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.