Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [22,M] parents [60’s] have had alcoholic tendencies my whole life. I confronted them about it and now they refuse to talk to me and want me out of the house.

I’m a college student away from home but I’m currently home for summer. Me and my sister (25) are both adopted.

They recently seemingly disowned my sister for blasting the family business on Facebook. I don’t know the full story, but they’re basically taking away all forms of financial help.

My parents ruined my 21st birthday by getting belligerently drunk to the point of having the server asking us to quiet down (a common occurrence), and kept giving drinks to my cousin who has had issues in the past and doesn’t drink. My cousin left early because of this.

One time in Vegas, my mother got so drunk she got us kicked from a restaurant because she was yelling at my sister just deriding her throughout the whole dinner, out of no where. I was quiet the entire time until my sister and I tried to get away from her; my mom chased after us screaming obscenities calling us worthless, sluts, mistakes, etc. I threw my popcorn at her and yelled at her to go away, and I was detained by security as my mom lied that I was abusing her.

There are so many stories like this, and they either don’t remember or say they’re sorry and that it will never happen again (lies). My friends refuse to come over because they are afraid of them. My mom once stood over me while I tried to ignore her while she derided me for being a worthless mistake who will go nowhere in life. She kept yelling at me for 10 minutes, and I turned around and pushed her out of my room. She pretended to fall and get hurt and screamed that I attacked her. I had to go to therapy (14 at the time) and I remember being so afraid when the therapist asked if they were drunk at the time. I immediately without thinking lied and said no. I don’t know why.

Last weekend I was returning home from DC for the first time in 7 months, and my dad got so drunk on the plane I was afraid of him driving me home. He insisted and got mad when I said I should drive.

I then came down with strep and the doctor told me it was probably stress related. I confronted them two nights ago telling them that I was afraid of them and that their alcoholism is ruining our lives at home. I got pretty aggressive and angry, but I was so mad about everything I just let all of this anger out, saying that they lost their daughter do they want to lose me?

They now want me out of the house. I still have strep and don’t know what to do.

What can I do to repair this? Am I in the wrong here? They still fund me and I need that for college. What should I do?

TL;DR: my parents are alcoholics and verbal attack me and my sister constantly. They disowned my sister recently, and when I confronted them about their alcoholism and how it’s hurting our relationship, they told me they want me gone by Monday, despite me having strep throat and being sick in bed.



Submitted August 03, 2019 at 09:39AM by Idislikecapers https://ift.tt/2YF8x1P
My [22,M] parents [60’s] have had alcoholic tendencies my whole life. I confronted them about it and now they refuse to talk to me and want me out of the house. My [22,M] parents [60’s] have had alcoholic tendencies my whole life. I confronted them about it and now they refuse to talk to me and want me out of the house. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.