Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

It's nearly my 30th birthday (I'm a man), dad contacts me out of the blue, it's been 20 years.

Pretty much the title. He moved away to a different country when I was about 9/10.

It was just a friend request on social media. I'd searched for him when I was a teenager. Then just got on with things as you do. This request came in about a week ago, just something that's lingered in the back of my head. Need to make a decision about it and stick to it.

There was a lot of bad blood in the family if I remember right, legal trouble, drugs, prison etc

I've come this far on my own. Is there a point in pulling it all up? We're going to be very different, culturally, and have nothing at all in common. It's not going to be a cliche father I never had moment.

Plus theres a whole continent between us, and I'm definitely not going to travel to a place I don't understand with no language skills. So seeing each other is a dead end.

Part of me is curious, his picture, looks rough, a long way off the pictures I've kept.

At a bit of a loss.

TL;DR should I have contact, should I ignore? Any other guys had a similar experience to share?



Submitted August 03, 2019 at 10:57AM by Dubious_Meerkat https://ift.tt/31hexvm
It's nearly my 30th birthday (I'm a man), dad contacts me out of the blue, it's been 20 years. It's nearly my 30th birthday (I'm a man), dad contacts me out of the blue, it's been 20 years. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.