Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (29M) don’t want any more kids and my wife (28F) does. I don’t know what to do. Please help.

My wife and I have been together for a total of eight years. We got married three years ago and just had a beautiful baby that’s now 5 months old. My wife is a wonderful woman and there’s no way I could have survived without her.

We are great together and have never had any major problems in our relationship until now. My wife has always wanted multiple kids and I thought I did too... until we had our boy (Sam). I have never done anything so frustrating, exhausting, infuriating and just overall nightmarish as having a child.

I’m going to sound like a whiny selfish baby but I’m just done. I miss sleep, I miss silence and money and spending time with my wife. I’m sick of sleeping on the couch because my kid refuses to sleep in a crib. I miss eating meals and going out because we don’t have any family close by. It’s 2 hours to the closest family members. I’ll be honest I don’t see how parents do it because I’m exhausted all the time. I miss sleeping 6+ hours.

Kids are stupid expensive. It’s $800 a fucking month in daycare expenses. That’s almost our mortgage payment! Oh did I mention my wife and I are both teachers so guess what we’re poor! Our combined gross income is 78k. We have a mortgage for 133k which doesn’t leave a lot left over for other things. I’m not super materialistic but I love cars. Unfortunately I had to sell my sports car because it’s not convenient and honestly I just couldn’t afford to keep it.

Anyway my wife’s been talking about another and it makes me want to run and hide. I don’t want to do this again. I want money I want silence I want free time and I just want to sleep. I feel like a bad husband and father... I feel like I should want to make my wife happy but I feel like I’m setting myself on fire. I just want to be happy. I love my kid and I want him to be happy and all I hear is “omg they need a sibling” but I want to scream almost every day. I want to stay at work so I don’t have to go home. I’m so tired all the time.

I’m sorry this is all over the place but I feel like a basket case. I feel like a failure because I’m not over the moon about kids like I was. I feel like a bad husband because I don’t want to give my wife the life she wants. I feel like a bad father because my son won’t have siblings. I just want to be happy...I just want my sleep back...I want my sports car back and some freedom.

TLDR: I don’t know what to do and I feel like I can’t talk to anyone because they will judge me for wanting material things and some semblance of a normal life. Please help me.



Submitted August 03, 2019 at 04:17PM by Throwawayhus29 https://ift.tt/2GK7T9c
I (29M) don’t want any more kids and my wife (28F) does. I don’t know what to do. Please help. I (29M) don’t want any more kids and my wife (28F) does. I don’t know what to do. Please help. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.