Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

After an impromptu separation with minimal contact, I (29F) realized I am happier alone than with my husband (34M).

We've been married for 3 years, with half of that time being tumultuous and filled with arguments that we haven't been able to see eye to eye on. He was deployed for 3 months (with minimal ability to communicate besides text), but he returned a week ago. Since he's returned I've realized that:

  1. I've been happy and thriving emotionally and mentally when he wasn't around and we had minimal contact.
  2. This past week since he's been back has been unbearably emotionally exhausting with the arguing.

For instance. The day he returned I waited at the airport with a welcome banner (who wouldn't for a troop). I stood for 30 minutes with that banner waiting for him to walk out.

He saw it and instantly said "this is ridiculous". He also refused to take a picture with it and was visibly annoyed. It was publicly embarrassing to say the least.

Since then all we've done is fight. I hadn't realized that over the three months I'd gotten so used to peace that I'd become my vibrant old self again. My skin even started clearing up. Now in the week since he's been back, everyone from family to coworkers has noticed a change in me and my skin erupted.

I love him but that time away makes me think about marriage taking a toll on me and if it's worth it. It's worthwhile to say we did marriage counseling for about 3 months earlier this year and he hated it/wasn't so cooperative. He still complains about it and when I've brought up seeing another counsellor (since he's been back) he's made it clear he doesn't really believe in it.

What do I do?

Tldr; I realized that I was happier, healthier and more vibrant after a 3 month separation and minimal contact with my husband. What do I do?



Submitted August 06, 2019 at 08:46PM by throweyh https://ift.tt/33hOfe2
After an impromptu separation with minimal contact, I (29F) realized I am happier alone than with my husband (34M). After an impromptu separation with minimal contact, I (29F) realized I am happier alone than with my husband (34M). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.