Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26F) boyfriend (29M) hid a friendship from me. We've talked about it, but I'm having trouble processing.

As the title states, my boyfriend hid a friendship with a female co-worker from me for a couple of months. It's important to note that we've been together for one year and three months, and were cross-country long distance for that time. He just moved in with me.

We have had many discussions about it already, I would say our communication is very good, and we are good at working as a team when addressing issues and discussing how we feel. I think this is why it hurt so much more when I found out, because it made me question everything (this is something I have addressed with him as well).

For context, they talked almost everyday for a few months, she was also in a long term relationship, and their conversations verged on flirtation at some points. They only hung out once, but the one time they did I had no idea it happened which gives me pause.

The night they hung out was after a visit. My boyfriend dropped me off at the airport, went home to change, then went out for the night. He went MIA for 7hrs (which isn't even close to our normal, so reserve some judgement), then texted at 2am that his WiFi was down.

We have discussed everything, and to him none of this was an issue and he claims it never meant anything to him and he can't remember what frame of mind he was in or why he felt like he had to hide it...

They both have said that nothing happened and they only hung out the once, and I do believe that. But for some reason I'm still having trouble processing everything, and I'm not sure how I'm going to heal from this.

If any of you have any words of encouragement or advice, personal experience, or maybe even an approach/conversation topic that we haven't tried yet, I'm all ears.

This is a relationship I want to work on, and I know every relationship has their hurdles, so I'm hoping that I can heal from this... It just seems so hard.

TL;DR: Boyfriend hid a friendship with a female co-worker from me, I found out and we've discussed things multiple times, but I'm still having trouble getting over it and don't know what to do at this point. Any tips or words of encouragement would go a long way.



Submitted April 04, 2020 at 03:46PM by maverick-feist https://ift.tt/2UJVEAT
My (26F) boyfriend (29M) hid a friendship from me. We've talked about it, but I'm having trouble processing. My (26F) boyfriend (29M) hid a friendship from me. We've talked about it, but I'm having trouble processing. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 05, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.