Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (35f) husband (34m) has anger issues and every time he gets angry at me unreasonably I bring up an affair.

Married 8 years. 2 years ago husband had an emotional affair with admin assistant in his department (she has since moved to another company and another state). I happened upon some emails after it had already ended (I was using his old computer and he was still logged in to email there).

It became obvious quickly that he was speaking inappropriately (I love you, I miss you, you are my sunshine) to some woman that wasn't me. And she was doing the same. She was younger, married, and had a young child. He said it was a stupid work fantasy and nothing had ever physically. He said they both started to feel guilty and decided to stop it, and she moved soon after.

This really hurt me. He was living a double life at work for at least 4 months and I had no idea. No clue at all. I had no idea he would speak to another woman that way. Anyway, we went to therapy, I stayed, he was remorseful and she was out of the picture.

But he has always had anger issues. He has gone for therapy before and he's on medication, but seriously -- he still gets irrationally angry (at me, or blames me somehow if it's NOT me). I hate this and always have. But now I just have no tolerance for it. Any time he pulls this, I end up bringing up the affair (I call it an affair because it was emotionally cheating and speaking romantically to another woman behind my back).

An example of how this looks:

Him: goddamnit, I asked you to give me a pair of scissors and these ones are so dull I can't cut anything. Why did you give these to me? Why do you keep scissors that don't even work in the house? Do I have to do everything?

Me: don't speak to me that way. If you want a maid to make sure you get the right scissors, maybe you need a secretary. You'll probably just start something up with her too, right? You're a total cheater and you have no right to speak to me like I'm your servant.

Obviously this isn't ideal. He accuses me of constantly throwing the affair in his face and that we can't move on from it when I do this. He also says it makes him want to cheat on me because I treat him like he took her off to the nearest motel when he didn't, so he may as well have. He's being blamed for it anyway.

I don't know how to stop doing this. I'm wondering actually if we should just give up and divorce?

tldr: husband had an emotional entanglement with a secretary behind my back and now every time he gets mad at me I throw it in his face (2 years now).



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 07:26PM by ClearStuff5 https://ift.tt/367hcdu
My (35f) husband (34m) has anger issues and every time he gets angry at me unreasonably I bring up an affair. My (35f) husband (34m) has anger issues and every time he gets angry at me unreasonably I bring up an affair. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.