Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend (f22) finds my(m24) accent problematic because her parents and friends don’t like it.

So I just broke up with my girlfriend of only a month because turns out she felt embarrassed about my accent and felt it was unattractive made her feel embarrassed to have me around her friends and family. She told me she started feeling this way when her parents brought it up to her and felt it was the wrong decision for her to be dating a Slovak guy(I’m from Slovakia but live in Manchester England for my job)This was shocking because I’ve never experienced discrimination like that for the sole reason of being from somewhere else. I felt bad cause it sucks to have parents intervene like this and really was gonna go the approach of ignore the annoying parents and totally understood that her parents beliefs don’t reflect her own. But she then told me she felt like i should try to get rid of my accent because she felt like if her parents felt this way then her friends might also and that she didn’t want to lose both of them (point to make here, I only met her fiends a few times and got no hint that they would ever think that way) so that was unacceptable in my opinion and broke up with her. I do feel slightly guilty though as if maybe it could have been resolved (not my accent just her attitude)but really didn’t feel like putting that kind of effort into a relationship of only a month. Did I overreact?

tl;dr broke up with gf because her parents disproved of my Slovak accent and she felt like I should somehow get rid of my accent.



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 06:06PM by MessyGuy01 https://ift.tt/2Yln2p1
Girlfriend (f22) finds my(m24) accent problematic because her parents and friends don’t like it. Girlfriend (f22) finds my(m24) accent problematic because her parents and friends don’t like it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.