Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31/f) am visiting my boyfriend (33/m) and his family does nothing but sit and talk. I am going CRAZY.

I agreed to go across the country to visit my boyfriend's family, expecting a visit like I have had with other boyfriends, or like someone would experience visiting my family. Instead, I am encountering a situation where the family spends every waking second together, talking.

As soon as I wake up, "GOOD MORNING," and then we make breakfast, then eat breakfast, then sit at the table and talk for an hour more, then clean up, then move to another room, then sit and talk. Then a walk, then make lunch, talking, of course, then eat lunch, then sit at the table and talk, then clean up, and move to another room to talk. I can't explain it; like I cannot get up to go to the bathroom because there is no break in the talking.

The talking is so boring. Most of it is talking about things like "I think the neighbor down the street, yeah, she renovated her pantry, was it 2000?" "No, no, that was 2001." "No, I am pretty sure it was 2000."

And I am just sitting here and I think I am actually going crazy. I am here for TEN DAYS.

This is nothing like anything I have ever seen before. I thought we would go off on our own, go explore the town, go to the beach... Apparently we are going with his parents at some point, but I don't even want to. We woke up at 9AM, and it is now 930PM, and I have not left his family's presence, doing NOTHING BUT TALKING ABOUT THE MOST BORING STUFF EVER, except to go to the bathroom. This is now the third day in a row of the exact same thing. I understand family time, but he sees them quite regularly. I guess the multiple hour phone conversations every day should have tipped me off.

Like, my family goes out to eat, plays games, goofs around, watches movies... I mean, all we have done is sit in a circle while everyone talks. A topic like pizza will come up, and everyone will just share everything they can think of about pizza.

His mom seems to fucking hate me. I am quitting smoking, but damned as hell, I went out for one in the middle of the night. The next day, his mom was like, "I thought BF said you didn't smoke?" She is currently cutting his hair, while staring daggers at me. His dad said, "Energy level seems low today," as I was silently contemplating suicide.

Reddit, what the fuck do I do? I don't wanna get between this obviously very tight-knit family that likes to talk, and I think my BF would take it the wrong way. I NEED ALONE TIME OR BF TIME OR NOT BEING WITH HIS FAMILY FOR A SECOND TIME. I feel trapped and miserable.

TL;DR Visiting BF for 10 days. His family does nothing but sit around in a circle and talk about boring things for 12 hours a day and I do not feel able to sit there anymore and listen.



Submitted August 03, 2019 at 06:49PM by mablej https://ift.tt/2YEGOtW
I (31/f) am visiting my boyfriend (33/m) and his family does nothing but sit and talk. I am going CRAZY. I (31/f) am visiting my boyfriend (33/m) and his family does nothing but sit and talk. I am going CRAZY. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.