Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) parents (40F, 45M) expect my husband (25M) and I to go on a family trip to celebrate my stepsister's (25F) stepchild's (5M) birthday and pretty much just accept this kid and his dad (??M) into our lives

I know the title sounds weird, but I will explain.

My stepsister goes through men like clothes. I don't really take any of her relationships seriously, unless they've been dating at least more than a year. Even then, she tends to find any small reason to split. Not judging her-- thats her life and I don't say anything. More power to her, as long as she's happy.

However, she recently started dating this guy who we'll call G. G has a 4 year old son that I guess the entire family is in love with. Everytime I call my parents, our conversation always turns into talking about this kid. I've never met the boy or his dad, so I have no idea what to say most of the time.

My mom pretty much forced me to invite the dude and his kid to my husband's Basic Military Training (BMT) graduation. I'm annoyed by this because I really didn't want to have to entertain strangers at an event that is supposed to be about my husband. Especially since this will be the first time our families are meeting.

But the big problem is a 'family vacation' we are supposed to go on. First off, my family has NEVER done a huge vacation together. But my parents informed me that they would like to do a huge family vacation to Disney World next summer. I told them we would see, as both my husband and I will be in the military and probably stationed somewhere else.

Then, when I was talking to my stepsister, she brings up the Disney trip. Except, she informs me that the trip is actually for this kid. It's to celebrate his 5th birthday. I told her I'd have to check back later.

But the problem is that I do not know this kid. I haven't met him or his dad, and I feel uncomfortable just intruding on this celebration. We live far and aren't as invested in his life. Hell, we don't even know if she's going to be in a long term relationship with the dude.

My question is, should we just shut up and go on the trip? How should we navigate this situation? My entire family expects us to invest in these guys but I'm pretty wary.

What would be the best course of action?

TL;DR Family expects husband and I to invest in stepsister's boyfriend and his son unconditionally. Also expect us to invite them to Hubby's bootcamp graduation and go with them to the kid's 5th bday celebration at Disney under the guise of a family vacation. We don't want to intrude. What do?



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 08:53AM by MachineGunKitten https://ift.tt/2FOkqHk
My (24F) parents (40F, 45M) expect my husband (25M) and I to go on a family trip to celebrate my stepsister's (25F) stepchild's (5M) birthday and pretty much just accept this kid and his dad (??M) into our lives My (24F) parents (40F, 45M) expect my husband (25M) and I to go on a family trip to celebrate my stepsister's (25F) stepchild's (5M) birthday and pretty much just accept this kid and his dad (??M) into our lives Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.