Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [26F] don’t know how to handle my disrespectful mother [59F].

My mother has always had mood swings since I can remember. She also always acts as if she has a „right“ to things, especially when it comes to close family. I moved out 5 months ago, and now the way she acts seems so extreme. It made me notice how bad she treats me because I gained some distance. Here’s an example from a week ago, at my aunts birthday:

She called me at work a few hours before the party and tells me she is going to gift my aunt the Christmas present i got for her, because she doesn’t like it. I was a bit speechless, but said okay. I also told her that me and my boyfriend got a flowerbouqet for my aunt. My mother then started acting offended and asked why we would do that and how one needs to „keep in mind the overall value“ of the present and that she didn’t want to spend more than 30€ on a present. That means she googled the worth of the Christmas present I got for her, since that was exactly how much it cost!

I asked why my aunt shouldn’t get more than 1 present and that the flowers were from me and my boyfriend. She kept making comments about it so I ended the call...

Then at the birthday party, I told my uncle how I gained weight in muscle since doing more sports to which she replied that she already knew I had gotten fatter when she saw me. Later she saw the flowers for my aunt and stood up to look at them. She came back and looked at me in a shaming way, saying she had never gotten such nice flowers from me, which is untrue. I am already afraid to give anything to her because she insulted me on more than one occasion because the present wasn’t good enough. She even burst out crying blaming me once because of a present. And this time she gave away my present to her and demanded money instead, because „she didn’t get anything for Christmas now!“.

Later that evening she demanded to get an appointment at my studio ASAP. When I told her I was booked til July, she got angry and refused to wait that long. She wanted to get in NOW and that it would be „the least I could do for raising me and for the pregnancy her body had to go through.“. I didn’t know what to say.

I invited everyone for dinner soon and she also complained how far she has to drive to the restaurant and how she didn’t like anything on the menu when she looked it up online. I wish I could uninvite her already!

One more thing that happened while I was moving is that she took a gold ring out of my closet, which she gave to me once, because she was mad at me for moving out. She took it without telling me...

Sorry if this is badly written. I think I already know I probably have to cut ties for this to stop, but I always get the feeling it is my fault somehow. What do you think?

TLDR: mother disrespects and insults me constantly, still expects me to jump for her at every call.



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 08:10AM by Thrwawyspace https://ift.tt/2CYvvov
I [26F] don’t know how to handle my disrespectful mother [59F]. I [26F] don’t know how to handle my disrespectful mother [59F]. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.